BOOK UPDATE: The Shohei-Ryu Karate iBook is impatiently waiting on Apple to make their final approval before publication. This is after weeks of delays. I gotta ask, did I say or do something to cheese off the Man Upstairs? Not God. I mean Steve Jobs. I don’t know:
pray download an app for me?. I did just preorder the new iPad . . . maybe it will prove a worthy offering?
Anyway, here’s a little preview of the project I’ve been working on during the layover. It’s called Proof Rocks! Guide to Writing: Everything You Need to Know About Grammar & Style and How To Promptly Forget It.
I know what you’re thinking: “Hold the iPhone! Do we really need another writing guide? I’ve been rocking Strunk and White since college!” But before you brush me off, take a little sneak peak. Here are the first two sections and their tentative chapter titles.
Part One – Comma Crap
- Comma Rule #1: Thou Shall Not Write Run-On Sentences
- Comma Rule #B: The Theory of Essentiality
- Comma Rule #3: Kids’ Stuff?
- Hyper-Advanced Comma Usage for the Aspiring Ninja Master
Part Two – The Punctuation Proclamation
- How to Use Semicolons to Prove You Went to College
- Colon Blow: Mastering the Messiest Form of Punctuation
- Why Hyphens Frighten
- How to Kick Some Major Dash
- Apostrophes Make Samuel L. Jackson Angry
See what I mean? No one as cool as me has EVER written a book on writing! This one’s gonna be epic! Coming soon to a Proof Rocks! store near you–maybe even for Kindle iBooks, too. Jobs willing.